Behind The Franchise Curtain - The Journey Begins...

Over the years, I've had an opportunity to read literally thousands of blogs and articles relating to virtually every aspect of franchising. In thinking about what I'd like to do with my blog, I've decided to put a new spin on things. I am going to write a fictional account of the entire franchising experience from initial conception to the "end of the line," and I'm going to write it from the perspective of BOTH the Franchisee and the Franchisor. Am I a bit daft for taking on this initiative? Perhaps, however it's my blog and therefore my prerogative.

I think the one aspect that really intrigues me about this project is that there are SO many different types of franchises and SO many different variables, that it would literally be impossible to capture every different scenario. With that said, I believe that my background adds a unique perspective to this project, as I have been both a Franchisee and a high-level Franchisor executive (which I am today).


The journey begins...

FRANCHISEE

You know what? I've had it. That is the last straw. I've been giving my blood, sweat and tears to this *&%$@#! company for over ___ years now, and I can't take it any more. I just can't work for these clueless, closed-minded robots for another day, and I swear that if I have to deal with one more worthless meeting or fill out one more ________ report I'm going to go postal. When I look around all I see is mediocrity and if I don't make a move soon I'm going to be trapped in this place forever. I'm a smart person. I've worked hard to get where I am and I know I can do better than this. I think it's time for ME to run the show -- now, what do I want to do? Let's see what I can find on the web...


FRANCHISOR

Man, I'm good. Nobody does ___________ as well as I do -- nobody. Check this place out - it's a thing of beauty. Everyone knows exactly what to do, they all love working here, my customers are raving fans and best of all, I'm making a killing! I'll bet that I could have one of these in every major city in America...man, wouldn't that be incredible?! I'd be the king of the world, and I could finally rub elbows with all of those hot shots that I see at those big political bashes they're always having. But where the heck am I going to get the money to pull this off? I'm doing well, but I don't have THAT kind of money, and plus my ________ would freak out about the risk. OK, so the "brick and mortar" approach is out. What's another way that I can grow my business quickly, while minimizing my risk and without the need to obtain millions of dollars in working capital? I've heard that franchising is a great way to grow a business but I really don't know much about it. Let's see what I can find on the web...

0 comments: